Membership Details - 2021-2022
for 18 and over.
for two adults and unlimited youth/student.
- Coaching at all levels as a member of the Coaching Team.
- Volunteering at or organising small or large events.
- Volunteering for organising small or large club-based tasks.
- Assisting in the Club’s organisation as a member of the Management Team.
- Encouraging and helping others of all levels and ages.
- During the summer regular river trips for all craft.
- Inter-club marathon kayaking competitions from beginner to national level
- Intensive coaching sessions at national standards on specified occasions
- Pool sessions at local Oswestry school swimming pools.
- Half day, full day, weekend, multi-day tours and events local, regional and national.
- Assisting with School, Scout and other Community Groups.
WHAT YOU GET
- More than 40 canoes, kayaks and SUPs
- A variety of buoyancy aids, paddles & spray covers.
- Coached sessions at various levels of performance.
- Access to sessions/courses leading to nationally recognised Awards.
- Equipment for club tours, trips and events.
- Seasonal Paddling Programmes: Summer (Easter to Sept) & Autumn/Spring (Oct to Easter)
MEMBERSHIP FEE INCLUDES
- Regular access to the large, modern club house, including hot showers
- Landing stages and priority use of them
- Affiliated membership of the British Canoe Union
- Free guidance and advice from experienced and qualified personnel
- Eligibility to attend in a variety of club events, local, regional and national
- Formulation, adoption and implementation of club policies and procedures.
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting.
- Give feedback, join in members’ discussions at quarterly General Meetings
PLUS (for all members) Attendance fees, which includes full use of facilities and equipment:
£1.50 per session for ‘Independent’ Paddlers.
- The membership year is 1st May to 30th April.
- Guests may try the facilities by arrangement for up to 6 sessions at £6.00 per session.
- A family membership typically consists of two adults and at up to three children.
- Currently membership is in the region of 80 members
With appropriate parental support young children can quite easily participate.
You will be shown around a great 21st century sports facility by friendly volunteers (we are all volunteers!), have a full explanation of what we do and what is on offer to members, have all your questions answered openly and honestly, be able to discuss your needs and expectations and given a clear indication of how they can be met. In the unlikely event of the Club not providing what you seek you will be given clear and current guidance on alternatives and options.
You will not be subject to sales patter and pressure to join.
Naturally we hope you will join us but that obviously remains entirely your choice!