Membership Details - 2022-2023 (From May 2022)
FULL (18 & Over): £60
CHILD OF A MEMBER: £5
STUDENT IN FULL TIME EDUCATION (19-25): £25
- Coaching at all levels as a member of the Coaching Team.
- Volunteering at or organising small or large events.
- Volunteering for organising small or large club-based tasks.
- Assisting in the Club’s organisation as a member of the Management Team.
- Encouraging and helping others of all levels and ages.
- During the summer regular river trips for all craft.
- Inter-club marathon kayaking competitions from beginner to national level
- Intensive coaching sessions at national standards on specified occasions
- Pool sessions at local Oswestry school swimming pools.
- Half day, full day, weekend, multi-day tours and events local, regional and national.
- Assisting with School, Scout and other Community Groups.
WHAT YOU GET
- More than 50 canoes, kayaks and SUPs
- All Year round paddling opportunities
- A variety of buoyancy aids, paddles & spray covers.
- Coached sessions at various levels of performance.
- Access to sessions/courses leading to nationally recognised Awards.
- Equipment for club tours, trips and events.
- Seasonal Paddling Programmes: Summer (Easter to Sept) & Autumn/Spring (Oct to Easter).
MEMBERSHIP FEE INCLUDES
- Regular access to the large, modern club house, including hot showers.
- Landing stages and priority use of them.
- Affiliated membership of the British Canoe Union.
- Free guidance and advice from experienced and qualified personnel.
- Eligibility to attend in a variety of club events, local, regional and national.
- Formulation, adoption and implementation of club policies and procedures.
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting.
- Give feedback, join in members’ discussions at monthly club meetings.
PLUS (for all members) Attendance fees, which includes full use of facilities and equipment:
- £1.00 water fees per session on Saturday morning or £25/annum
- £3.00 fees for official club trips on rivers, lakes and the sea.
- The membership year is 1st May to 30th April.
- Guests may try the facilities by arrangement for up to 6 sessions at £12.00 per session.
- Family/Friend of a member may use the facilities by arrangement at £6.00 per session when accompanied by the member.
- Pool sessions are £7.50 per session.
- Boat Hire is £12 per day or part day.
- You can store your boat at the club for £20/annum (subject to space).
- Current membership is in the region of 140 members.
With appropriate parental support children over 12 can quite easily participate.
You will be shown around a great 21st century sports facility by friendly volunteers (we are all volunteers!), have a full explanation of what we do and what is on offer to members, have all your questions answered openly and honestly, be able to discuss your needs and expectations and given a clear indication of how they can be met. In the unlikely event of the Club not providing what you seek you will be given clear and current guidance on alternatives and options.
You will not be subject to sales patter and pressure to join.
Naturally we hope you will join us but that obviously remains entirely your choice!